Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Choices

Life has got to be good when one has to decide what to have for breakfast . . . Honey Wheat Blueberry Pancakes with blueberries as big as marbles hand-picked and in the freezer or California Omelette made with fresh crab caught in our traps just yesterday and avocado along with Pepper Jack Cheese . . . well, I picked Blueberry Pancakes because we've had Crab Omelettes the past two mornings . . . Crab Quesadillas the last two afternoons and Crab Pesto (of course made from our home-grown Basil) on Focaccia toasted in the oven for dinner last night . . . I guess we're getting "Crabbed Out!" - Awe . . . Life is Good!

We pulled in sixteen crab yesterday (our friends have left so we have nobody to share them with) and twelve this morning. K is out now gathering the morning's catch (his "deck hand" is Padraic, the one whose website I had mentioned in a previous blog) and baiting the traps for the last evening hide tide. We'll be pulling in the traps in the morning and washing down the boat and packing up all the stuff we needed to make this crabbing stay at Winchester Bay so much fun.

3 comments:

Middle America Mom said...

Ooohhhh, my mouth is watering from all of your tasty dishes! Yummers, yummers, yummers!

jennavar said...

It all sounds delicious to me too!! Especially crab, crab, crab.. I Love Crab!

What a wonderful time you guys are having!!

Aunt Patty said...

Ahhh. your life is good indeed!! Hope you save some of that crab for me and H. I am thinking crab cakes or something like that. Can't wait! Course, I'm lookin forward to seeing you and K just as much as the crab.