






What a blast we had the last couple of weeks. We headed south to have a nice quick visit with sisters P and H, S, and Mom - then we were off to see daughter S and family. Long travel times but oh so worth every minute of it! We were there for five days packed with lots of fun times. We attended a Hockey practice game where R made two goals (he's only six years old but he is such a good sport and great team player!) the a fun visit to a local apple farm where the kids picked out the "best" pumpkins available, and then Halloween was quite an event. R dressed as Dracula and a mighty fine Dracula he was with dripping blood from his mouth! And T dressed as a dog (what else?) and they had a grand time trick-or-treating with their friends who drove in from the country. I had a nice morning with T where we did "Art" and made a telescope out of an empty paper towel roll.
The fall color in the midwest is beautiful! We had such a wonderful time - as always time flew by too fast and it was time to say goodby.



Then a four-day visit with J and her adorable family. The first day was spent taking a field trip to the local airport with C's pre-school class and they got to board the sheriff helicopter - way fun! And then an afternoon at the brand new mall where I purchased my first pair of CROCS! Funkiest looking shoes but very comfortable! Then the next two days I spent mainly painting J a six-foot by eight-inch sign for her new family room. I love painting so I was happy as a clam. What a great family time we all had. Ken and I played Pegs and Jokers two nights with P and J and one night with the kids (while P and J went to a 20-year reunion with highschool friends of P's) Hard to believe our kids have been out of highschool 20 years - actually I think S has been out of college that long!
In this season of thanksgiving we sure feel blessed and thankful for our family! We've got the best family in the world!

3 comments:
We had such a great visit with you, mom! It sounds like you definitely got in a good dose of grandkids :> My oh my those Varner kids are growing up!!
How cool to see pictures of the whole clan! Thank you for sharing them! It sounds like you had a wonderful time with your daughters :-)
I'm curious about the sign you painted in J's living room...
Cute, cute greats. That R looks like a very good hockey player with a happy dad for a coach. T, so creative doing crafts with grandma. Darling K looking so sweet like she always is, J looking lively and fun, and little C as cute as ever. No wonder you and K feel life is good!
Post a Comment