Sunday, November 29, 2009

Sunday Highlights

Just a wonderful day relaxing with family . . . we made homemade applesauce to go along with our barbecued pork chops for dinner . . . Jen and I enjoyed a nice Cosmo in front of the campfire on the deck . . . the seven of us enjoyed playing Mexican Train after dinner . . . KL made chocolate chip cookies for dessert . . . just a fun-filled day!

JD acting silly . . . which happens often.

My first grandchild, KL . . . look how much taller she is than I!

CD wanted to learn how to knit.

After a while and a lot of patience, he caught on.
Now he wants to make a scarf.

KL loves reading. Her dad came in to ask her and the boys to go with him on a walk before dinner. She said she'd love to and wanted to take Lacey along, too.

Only in the country would you see this . . .
taking a horse for a walk, as if it were a dog!


Lacey did well, actually loved the walk.

Life is good!

4 comments:

jennavar said...

Thanks for capturing a nice evening. Where was I during the horse walk?? Aye yai yai...Thank God the horse didn't spook. She hasn't yet, but that would make me nervous. I love the pictures of CD learning how to knit.. that look of concentration I treasure.

Danni said...

Hey - KL and Lacey would fit in perfectly here at Critter Farm, where walking the goats a half mile to the mailbox and "takin' the donkey for a stroll" is the norm. :-)

Is Mexican Train a card game?

CaliforniaGrammy said...

Hi Farmgirl dk:
Mexican Train is a game you play with
double-twelve dominoes. It's lots of fun and can be played with from two to eight people at one time. Grandson CD is eight years old, and a fast learner, catching on to the strategy of the game quite fast.

Aunt Patty said...

First time I've ever seen a horse being taken for a walk! Pretty cute idea, I'm sure the horse loved it. She sure is a pretty horse.