skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Ho! Ho! Ho! Never too old for Santa!
Last weekend was a busy weekend at Sierra Pines Church. There were three events we took part in and I've blogged about two of them . . . the Christmas play in which KL and JD were shiny stars, the Christmas Tea which was a "girls night out" —and there was also the All Community Christmas Dinner held Sunday night. We all enjoyed a scrumptious tri-tip dinner, and an auction was held for dessert. Each table bid on these fabulous desserts donated by members of the church. The money raised will be sent to our missionaries out in the field. I learned today that $1,940 was raised, and the contributors were told their goodies put Paula Dean to shame (in a loving manner, I'm sure).
Even Santa was there, and a local photo shop supplied pictures of the kids with Santa. I actually didn't know Santa was going to be there until JD came to the table with a bright smile and a wrapped gift in his hands, because he had been to chat with a mighty handsome Santa.
I asked CD if he had gone to talk to Santa and he shook his head and indicated he wasn't about to do such a thing (he's a bit shy in some ways) . . . until he saw his brother open his present from Santa. I was looking at the church's website today. browsing through the great Santa pictures, and discovered that CD must have drummed up the courage to go see Santa afterall.
Life is good!
2 comments:
Man where was I when these pictures were taken. What a great Santa and great photography.. it wouldv'e been neat to take a family photo. Maybe next time.
Nice to see the JD appreciates Santa. I remember a few years ago when CD's eyes got soooo big when Santa came in the room. He was so in awe of him he really didn't want to get too close. Not anymore! What a neat event for the church to do. And so great for the missionaries. I'll try to remember this for the future.
Post a Comment