Thursday, August 05, 2010

Father's Day in August

Father's Day rolled around and Ken received a "Happy Father's Day call" from our first-born. She was quite apologetic about Ken not receiving a gift from her. She was so excited that she had given the gift a lot of thought, had purchased it on-line, had it gift wrapped, and arranged for a Saturday delivery . . . the Saturday before Father's Day . . . June 20. However, the delivery address was such that SHE received it at her mid-west home on the Saturday before Father's Day.

Needless to say she was easily forgiven and Ken looked forward to the future delivery . . . and today was that day. A message was left on the phone to me letting me know to expect the delivery today and warning me I would not see much of my husband in the next few days. Funny thing is . . . since June we have talked to several people who have read the series, are presently reading the books, and have expressed their love for this can't-put-it-down reading adventure.

Thanks S and M for a great gift. I'll let you know when I see your dad once again.

The trilogy, by Stieg Larsson, consists of Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played with Fire, and The Girl who Kicked the Hornet's Nest. See ya' later Ken!

Life is Good!


6 comments:

TravelingGrammy said...

Ahh, reading is such fun! I'm reading Nicholas Sparks "The Lucky One"-easy summer read...Of course I just finished "Conversations With God", Book II just before the relatives arrived....And, I couldn't get through a summer read without Janet Evanovich "Sizzling Sixteen"....

A.J. said...

Yeah, see ya later, Ken! Rick and I have finished the first two, and the third one is here waiting for us. Now I want to rent the movie of Dragon Tattoo. It's subtitled, and I hear now they're doing a remake in English.

Anyway, that sure is a comfy looking chair, perfect for summertime reading.

Middle America Mom said...

Yay! It arrived! I do like your reading chair, dad. Perfect for this trilogy. Happy Fathers Day!

BeBopGrammie said...

Yeah, I just heard about this series and thought M and E would probably like these stories and then also heard that there was a U.S. version of the movie coming out. I thought I heard it is coming out soon.

Mary and Elaine said...

We always enjoy catching up on your news when we check your blog. It is always so CHEERFUL!!! Looks like you are enjoying Oregon, as usual, and we hope your breathing issues have been resolved, Janice. Sending hugs to you both. Love, Mary & Elaine

Aunt Patty said...

It's good you got a picture of him Jan, so you'll remember what he looks like! Hee Hee!