Friday, March 04, 2011

I may never see him again . . .

With over four acres to keep mowed and trimmed now, a new purchase just HAD to be made. Ken's been waiting for the rain and snow to clear up so that the grass would be dry enough to mow. With all the rain we've had this winter the grass just keeps getting higher and higher. Yesterday he went into town for gasoline . . . came home and fired up his new "Garden Tractor" for the first time. And that was that . . . off he went with a huge grin on his face . . . I may never see him again!

Can you hear it purring?
Leaving the garage to go find some tall grass!
See ya!
And they call this work!
Maybe I should have packed a lunch?
Life is good!

12 comments:

Danni said...

Ok, the title of this post scared me a bit, but the second I got here and saw Ken's HUGE smile, I knew that all is well. :-)
What an awesome mower!!! And yes, you definitely should have packed him some kind of treat, if not lunch - and maybe even a beer. lol

Farmer Jen said...

Oooh, shiny! And so fun. I will have some mowing that needs to be done soon...

TravelingGrammy said...

I love it! Nothing like a big boy toy to light up the guy's life! On the other hand, it's a lot of land to cut.....

Razzberry Corner said...

I love it! In the summertime randy spends SOOOOO much time out on his mowers! He has a nice newer one and an old tired mower. The old one is for higher grass and small tree mowing, and areas where the ground is hilly. Sometimes, if I have time after doing all the inside work, I go out and ride one of the mowers, too, to help him with the mowing. It really is quite relaxing. I listen to an audiobook on my ipod while I mow, and the day just flies by!!!

Have fun, Ken!

Denny1600 said...

That's too cute!

Joni Linscott said...

Men and their toys! How cute....

jennavar said...

I keep trying to leave a comment and they aren't sticking... I love the pictures of Daddy in his tractor. He looks so at home. Such a great smile!

sandra said...

Love his huge grin!

kalebsmum said...

Loved this post JL!! I was one of those that got scared a little when I saw your post title! But, there was Ken with a big ole smile on his face!!

Zitrone said...

I have been to your blog several times, and I am always delighted to see your beaming faces. You seem to enjoy life to the fullest - together.
Perhaps your lawnmowing partner could hitch up a little trailer and take you along!

Aunt Patty said...

If I know him, he'll be back. Not only for lunch but to be with his ever lovin, lil wife!! Pretty cool piece of equipment, like Brother Bill would have said "You gotta have the equipment!!!!

Laura said...

So nice to see him so happy.....