Twenty pounds of plums + twenty pounds of sugar + fourteen lemons + seven +/- boxes of pectin + fun time with Jen and Karah showing them how easy making jam is = 25 pints of delicious plum jam
Congratulations on all those beautiful jars of jam AND on Post #500!!!! (picture balloons and confetti falling from the ceiling and me tooting a really annoying party horn...) Wow - thatsa lotta blog posts! I've been making strawberry jam but, woo, not on that MASSIVE scale! Love that you're sharing this art with your sweet grandkids! :-)
Hey Ken & Janice, Thanks for your nice comments on our blog. You have been very busy preserving fruit and making jam. While we have been up here in Oregon & Washington we have made several types of chutney. We find we don't eat a lot of jam, but chutney on meats or side dishes is delicious! Did a little of this when we visited Gary & Cecile in Estacada last week. We are so sorry that we won't be seeing you in Cascadia, and you are right, Michaela would have loved learning tole painting from you. By the way, we saw Paige Monday and she says "Hi". Sending hugs, Mary & Elaine
I wanted to return the blog visit and thank you for your lovely comment. I started reading your blog and had to stop here when I saw those gorgeous jars of jam. Beautiful! We planted a Stanley prune-plum last fall and I can't wait to be able to make some plum jam myself.
My husband and I retired in 1999 and enjoyed a full-time RV lifestyle for over 12 years and loved everything about it! We now live in a "stick house" in the country and look forward to the next chapter of our life together . . . enjoy a garden, fresh eggs from our own hens, and living close to family.
We have two daughters we are very proud of—each one has a great husband and between them, and the good Lord, have given us five awesome grandkids! This blog happens so our friends and family can keep up with what we enjoy doing most.
6 comments:
Congratulations on all those beautiful jars of jam AND on Post #500!!!! (picture balloons and confetti falling from the ceiling and me tooting a really annoying party horn...)
Wow - thatsa lotta blog posts!
I've been making strawberry jam but, woo, not on that MASSIVE scale! Love that you're sharing this art with your sweet grandkids!
:-)
Wow! 20# of sugar!!!! It looks so yummy, though. What a great group project. helped me remember canning with my mother-in-law.
Yummo! I'm still scared of "canning" (shouldn't it be called "jarring?") You rock, Ma! By the way, post #500 rocks too!! Yahoo!!
Hey Ken & Janice, Thanks for your nice comments on our blog. You have been very busy preserving fruit and making jam. While we have been up here in Oregon & Washington we have made several types of chutney. We find we don't eat a lot of jam, but chutney on meats or side dishes is delicious! Did a little of this when we visited Gary & Cecile in Estacada last week. We are so sorry that we won't be seeing you in Cascadia, and you are right, Michaela would have loved learning tole painting from you. By the way, we saw Paige Monday and she says "Hi". Sending hugs, Mary & Elaine
I wanted to return the blog visit and thank you for your lovely comment. I started reading your blog and had to stop here when I saw those gorgeous jars of jam. Beautiful! We planted a Stanley prune-plum last fall and I can't wait to be able to make some plum jam myself.
Wow! Beautiful jars!! I've yet to can plums. I bet they're delicious :)
Post a Comment