Sunday, March 18, 2012

What's up with this?

We've had early spring weather for a few weeks now, saying goodbye to a very quick dry winter. This morning we woke up to this! Mother Nature decided we needed a nice snowfall before the actual date of spring arrives.

Four to five inches of snow overnight . . .

Like a winter wonderland . . .

So pretty on the Manzanitas . . .

We lost a 70' Grey Pine . . . lucky for us it fell away from the house!

Life is good!

7 comments:

Razzberry Corner said...

Oh my! How dreadful! Please don't send any snow east towards me! I'm dreaming of summer!!!

~Lynn

Farmer Jen said...

Sorry about your pine tree. Good that it didn't hurt anyone. We have about a foot of snow here at 3100 ft.

Leigh said...

Oh my goodness, that's real snow! We got nary a flake this year. Disappointing really, but I was thankful that we didn't get the usual annual ice storm.

Tombstone Livestock said...

by the looks of the skies today I bet you have lots more snow now. There is snow on the hills all around me.

Danni said...

Yikes! Very pretty, indeed, but totally time for it to MOVE ON!
I'm dreaming of springtime and gardening and a little bit of sun and gentle breezes and....raspberries!
:-)

sandra said...

So strange that you have all that snow and we have sunshine and nearly 80 degree weather here in Michigan. It was shorts and sandals all weekend long. Very bizarre all around!

Mary and Elaine said...

Wow, we are glad we are NOT at Park Sierra! The weather is all screwy this year. The bread and sausage you made, Ken, look awesome. I suppose we will have to beg for some "good eats" when we get back very late this year.
Sending hugs to you both.
Love, Mary & Elaine