Friday, June 22, 2012

Chickens Like to Party

A beautiful day was spent poolside at Simply Country Farm using the time to visit with family from Michigan and my sister and husband who came over the mountain from Big Pine. The kids were swimming and we were sitting on the patio chatting and having a fun time catching up on each others' lives when I noticed from the corner of my eye a chicken had flown over the fence and starting coming down the hill to join the party.

At first it was just one chicken, then one by one the whole flock ended up down on the patio where we were sitting.
One of the Buff Orpingtons was quite friendly and actually hopped up onto Sandra's lap which made her jump which frightened the chicken. She (the hen) then flew from Sandra's lap onto Ken's shoulder which made us all crack up at the surprised expression on his face. Karah came to his rescue.

Karah has a calming affect on most animals, chickens included.

Life is good!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Where was I for the marching of my ladies?? I hear the song "the hens were marching one by one.. harah... harah..."

Too funny! Gloria was just trying to be a parrot on your shoulder Dad. HEE HEE!

Aunt Patty said...

Gloria is the friendliest chicken I ever saw, jumping up on Sandra's lap!! Really startled me!!!! I had never seen a chicken do that!

Farmer Jen said...

My chickens do that too! Buffs are so friendly and gentle. Fun post!

sandra said...

I must admit, it totally freaked this city girl out when that hen jumped in my lap!