Thursday, December 13, 2012

So much happening around here . . .

The holidays are sneaking up pretty fast and we're looking forward to having our whole family together this year. Our Battle Creek family will be arriving next Wednesday and will spend a week with us. What fun it will be to celebrate Christmas all together, something that normally happens every other year. 

I've organized my schedule so that I've got something on my "to do list" every day until our guests arrive. This way there will be no stress . . . at least that's the plan!

Today's task was to bake a batch of Gingerbread Biscotti and couple batches of Starbuck's Maple Nut Scones. I'll freeze them so that we're not tempted to gobble them up before Christmas.
Our grandkids have been busy too . . . birthday celebration and a high school dance  . . . they help us stay young by reminding us of memories we have of "back in the day" when we were teenagers doing the same kinds of things they do. Sometimes it seems like yesterday, yet we know it was a long time ago. Where has time gone?

Jared tuned 15 on Monday—like the 'birthday candle?—Jen bought a box of birthday candles but somehow they didn't make it home, so we had to make-do with a tea light. I remember the day of my retirement party when we also celebrated his 2nd birthday. Where does time fly?

Karah got all dressed up to go to the Minarets Winter Ball . . . such a pretty girl!

 Life is good . . . couldn't be better!

5 comments:

A.J. said...

My mouth is watering, those baked goods look sinfully delicious! What a project all that baking was! All the family will feel so lucky. And how lucky to have all the family together for Christmas.

Thanks for sharing the photos of all the exciting times there, the kids are all growing up! So fast!

Leigh said...

Where does the time go indeed! I have to agree with A.J. that the scones and biscotti look yummy. This year I'm trying to do like you, start holiday preparations earlier and not wear myself out by trying to get it all done at the last minute!

sandra said...

Yummo on the scones! Thanks for freezing so I can taste one :)
Karah Lynn is beautiful inside and out.

sandra said...

Yummo on the scones! Thanks for freezing so I can taste one :)
Karah Lynn is beautiful inside and out.

Farmer Jen said...

Where can I get the recipes for those gingerbread biscotti and those delicious looking maple scones??