Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Three reasons to celebrate!

[I'm creating this post using the "New Google" way—somehow I felt forced to switch this time because I couldn't figure out how not to . . . sure hope it works!]

We've been vacationing at J and R's in Healdsburg to celebrate St. Patrick's Day and our birthdays for the last five days. And what a great time we had. It was so good to get away from the busy-ness of Park Sierra.

Our corned beef and cabbage dinner was a smashing success. As were our birthday parties! Here are some pictures to prove it.

March 17 - St. Patrick's Day

J and R enjoying their beverage of choice!

The Wearin' O' the Green trio—even the Martini's were garnished in green.

The cooks put their feet up after a full afternoon of Irish cooking.

We cheated on the soda bread, sorry Dodie!

March 18 and 19
K's big "6-5" (looking good!)
and J's always one year younger!


March 20 -
"Spring is busting out all over"


First leaf on the Kiwi vines

First blossoms on the pear trees.

And here's J trying desperately to learn how to make a scrubby! After a few choice words and about thirty minutes she sent it all back with me to finish! But she did give it a college try!


Ahhh, life is good!
. . . especially while spending time with family

3 comments:

Aunt Patty said...

Loved the pictures J.E. You and little sis both look so pretty. I love the wearin of the green in the "land of the green" it all looks so lush up there. I'm happy for you and K that you were able to relax in wonderful atmosphere. You both deserve it!! K is a very handsome 65 year old, also looks like a very happy one too!! Love you all!

jennavar said...

What a great blog. I love the pictures. It really does look lush up there. I think I need a visit soon. The food looks tasty. I can't believe I didn't do the traditional Irish cuisine this year. I always look forward to that dinner. Everyone loves it and I usually get a couple of roasts because they are so reasonably priced. Have to next year for sure!!

AJ, your comment cracked me up. You looked so intense trying to do the scrubbie. Not your cup o' tea? Hee hee, 30 minutes trying to roll the cut strips up into a ball.... Ha ha too funny.

I think I gave up on that one too quick also.

kalebsmum said...

Hey JL...Just wanted to let you know that I've been "By". I've updated my site...come by soon. I've got a new camera so I've been a little picture happy lately.