Today KL was busy sweeping out the stall and hauling the loads of hay to the burn pile. Yesterday Jen bought the truck-load of wood and supplies like iron cloth and chicken wire from the local lumber yard, backed the truck up into the barn and we all helped unload it. Today we got a little bit done today, but now we're churned up and ready to really get serious . . .
But wait! The V-Party-of-Five are leaving for a family reunion in Missouri and won't be back until next Wednesday. K and I are going to house-sit and take care of the animals while they're gone. I guess it's up to us to see how much we can get done while they're gone!

5 comments:
All they need now is a few cows and pigs and they can truly live off the land. The project looks good and the whole experience should be great for the kids!
Wow...What a great and fun project...and fresh eggs are great...I've had a number of homeschool friends that have chickens.
What a neat family project-are you looking up some favorite egg dishes? I bet the next project is a fruit and vegetable garden-will you have eggs for the trip up here? We'll be happy to help you eat it all up!
Sounds like lots of fun and lots of good education to be had by all.
Laura
You know, as I read your blog and Keeping...Smiths blog, I am astounded with this family! You guys know how to work hard and have lots of fun. I love hearing that chickens are coming to the VP5farm. Sweet!
I've been getting interested in eating locally and home grown eggs, etc will be great!
Post a Comment