Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Fun Cascadia Party

We were invited to our neighbor's for a barbecue. These are not your normal neighbors. Part of this family has been a dear friend for nearly 35 years, when she was a teenager and she and her family went to the same church as we did. In fact it was her folks that introduced us to this piece of Oregon property for sale next to their summer farm twenty years ago. Since then Meg has grown up to be a beautiful woman (both inside and out) with a loving husband and two growing sons, and have their own summer place right next door to her folks. When we retired and started spending our summers here, their youngest was just a toddler! Time goes by too fast these days.

Todd grilled the burgers and hot dogs perfectly.

Besides the burgers there was pasta salads, jello salad, fruit salad, and all the fixings.

Seventeen happy diners sat around the table set out on the beautiful lawn.

After dinner the boys entertained us with some great Irish fiddle tunes, plus a couple of beautiful classical pieces.

They have become quite the musicians . . . Graeme plays for the Pasadena Junior Symphony Orchestra.

Dillon plays for the Claremont Young Musicians Orchestra (I hope I got that right).

And here they are after all the guests left . . . still with great smiles. It was a perfect party where everyone enjoyed themselves and did not go home hungry! The only thing missing was their folks . . . we missed you Steve and Karen.

Life is good!

6 comments:

jennavar said...

Man oh man, what a great night! With live entertainment and everything. Wish we could be there to celebrate with the GORGEOUS CC family!

TravelingGrammy said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! dinner looks yummy! Such a great Oregon family you have! I don't have internet too often but I love keeping up with your activities...

Laura said...

I wish I was there....I love your family and friend time...life is good as you always say....

Middle America Mom said...

What a great time with the C-Cs. Those boys are getting SO BIG. They are still as cute as ever. I love that they play the violin in orchestras, but still play fiddle music too. I miss T and M! She's always been so great. She looks the same as ever. So nice that you still had the time with them even though S and K weren't there. Our prayers are with K and her recovery.

Aunt Patty said...

Looks like such a neat time, good company, good entertainment, great food! I remember those two boys playing their violins years ago, remarkable that they are still so into it. Now neat to play classical as well as fiddle tunes. Great friends to have had for so long.

A.J. said...

What a lovely gathering, complete with after-dinner entertainment.

It was nice you see YOU in the picture for a change!