Saturday, February 05, 2011

Sweet Sixteen

My one and only adorable granddaughter celebrated her sixteenth birthday in style. In fact, the celebration went on for two days. Friday, the fourth, was her actual birthday. Without a clue of the evening's plans, Jen picked her up after school and she was chauffeured down to the "big city" of Fresno. But the first of the surprises was that Gramma Pam (her paternal gramma who lives in Cambria) was in the car. In Fresno the threesome dined at Pismo's, one of our most favorite restaurants too. The saying "the best is yet to come!" became a reality in that the event of the evening was three great seats at the George Strait, Reba McIntyre, Lee Ann Womack Concert at the SaveMart Center.

After the concert . . . obviously she had a blast!
Karah's birthday dinner menu of choice . . . spaghetti, of course! I crack up at this picture because I asked them to look at the camera and smile? Well JD was much more interested into dipping his bread into the sauce . . . actually JD is forever interested in food of any kind! (PD had gone to Cambria to care for his gramma so "Gramma Pam" could get away to enjoy the birthday celebration.)
Let's open presents!
"Read it out loud!"
A quilt from Great Gramma!
Perfect for a cowgirl!
Moolah from Grammy and Papa!
A goody bag from Gramma Pam!
Birthday Sox!
Beautiful silver necklace!
Earrings with birthstone . . . amethyst!
Beautiful!
Happy Birthday sweet girl!
After dinner we all adjourned to the TV room to watch the movie "Secretariat" . . . a perfect movie for all to enjoy. Happy Sweet Sixteenth Birthday Karah!


Life is good!

3 comments:

kalebsmum said...

I can't believe she is 16 now!! I remember seeing her baby pics when I worked for you at Fuller! Can't believe time has past and you have a beautiful 16 year old granddaughter!!

Aunt Patty said...

Oh, I am all teary! What a beautiful girl and great party! I guess that quilt was made by Gramma C? That's her only great gramma right? Beautiful quilt, and I love the earrings. Money is always a good present, especially for those teens.

BeBopGrammie said...

Such a great 2 day celebration for 16 year old KL..time does fly doesn't it? I watched Secretariat this past weekend too, I really liked it. Perfect movie to celebrate our horse lovers birthday. Give a hug and a kiss from Aunt Shoody..she looks too darn cute in that hat and that nice leather jacket with the fringe.