It's been pretty busy here the last couple of weeks. Because "doctor's orders" told me not to live in confined spaces any longer, we've decided to sell our summer place. Now we're in the process of moving our "stuff" from Oregon to California. Apparently there is something about living in confined spaces, something we have enjoyed for twelve years now, that makes it difficult to control what's happening with my lungs. Consequently our full-time RVing days are over. But there is a good side of the story—we've sold our Oregon place to a young couple with a little girl and we know they will have fun there and make lots of memories for years to come as we have.
The bad side of the story is that we had no idea this move would ever happen, and we've accumulated a whole bunch of treasures "stuff" that we'll enjoy, once it gets relocated, in our spacious (1700 square feet compared to 380 square feet) abode we now live in.
And the best side of the story is the fact that by changing our living environment and seeing a great pulmonologist I am feeling five hundred percent better than I did this time last year. Life couldn't be better!
 |
| Railings were added to the truck bed to add more room. |
 |
| I ordered online 70 U-Haul boxes, six rolls of tape, bubble wrap, and newsprint to be delivered for free. |
 |
| Staging area in the studio. |
 |
| Getting a little crowded with packed boxes ready to be loaded. |
 |
| After working hard for two and a half weeks he came rolling in fully loaded to the gills and glad to be home. |
 |
| Jen, Jared and his best friend came down to help us unload. We couldn't have done it without them as they are way stronger than we are. And thanks to them in less than two hours the job was done! |
Ken has made one trip (alone since I can't go with him) back and forth to Oregon and he just left again this morning for the second and, hopefully, final trip to clear out our summer place for the new owners. Meanwhile besides caring for the chickens, and keeping the vegetable garden green and lush, I have a whole lot of "stuff" to figure out what to do with . . . that will keep me busy until he returns with even more.
Life is good!
4 comments:
Wow! That IS a lot of stuff. I'm so proud of dad, man! What a lot of work. I hope this next trip does the trick and he doesn't have to make another one. Good luck finding homes for all of those treasures :>
Who woulda thunk? Have you sold #350 yet? In spite of the changes we'll still do lunch! I have a great chicken cannolli recipe...can't wait to get home...
Woo hoo! After 2 weeks offline, my computer is back! And so am I.
And woo hoo for you too, for feeling better. It's difficult not being able to breathe. Hopefully your health will continue to improve significantly.
I had to come visit your site after you visited mine. Looks like I caught you at a very busy time in your lives. I will be back to check on you from time to time and check out your previous postings a little further. BTW aren't golf carts the best invention for getting around your acreage. They come in so handy. As does a pick-up with racks.
Post a Comment