Wednesday, August 03, 2011

A Second Chance

About eight years ago we bought a patio furniture set made of wood. Over the years the wood became ugly as wood does when it has no finish to speak of. We replaced the set with a nicer set — one not made from wood, and much more comfortable. The old wooden set just sat in the back getting older and uglier. Ken had thought at one point that he'd take it apart and use the wood for another project.

Now that we have more space we have several places we could use those chairs, such as an area down by the chicken coop so we can be entertained by all the chicken activity (they are very busy, you know) . . . or over by the garden it would be nice to have a few chairs to sit a spell and admire the beautiful Oak and Manzanita trees and listen to the birds. When the zucchini plants are producing we'd probably be able to watch them as they grow so fast. I'm afraid, currently there are no zucchinis growing, thanks to the rabbits running around. (Note to self, errect a chicken wire fence around the zukes to protect them.)

I told you all that to tell you this . . . the old wooden furniture has a second chance after all . . . it's amazing what a coat of paint will do.


Before . . . there are four chairs and a love seat to refinish.

One down three to go . . . after two coats of paint!

With cushions . . . they will be so much more comfortable!

Life is good!

7 comments:

sandra said...

Oh, those are BEE-U-Ti-FUL! I just love red wooden furniture! Nice cushions too, did you make those?

TravelingGrammy said...

They're beautiful! Great choice in colors, too. The chickens will be jealous....

kalebsmum said...

Love the "new" furniture!

jennavar said...

They are so cute! I love the red that you chose and I love the colors in the cusions too! Can't wait to sit a spell and watch those birds too.

Leigh said...

Well done! I would absolutely love to find some old furniture like this to refinish. Love your color choices.

Ken said...

Nice work JE.

Domesticated Duchess said...

This looks great!!! LOVE the color scheme