Sunday, January 08, 2012

I'm the lucky one!

When we retired twelve years ago, Ken developed a new habit . . . a really good one as far as I'm concerned. He took it upon himself to be Sunday morning's chef in the kitchen, no matter where we were. And this morning was no exception. I just thought I'd share what we enjoyed this morning. I mean, just check this out . . . awesome omelet made from eggs collected this morning from our sweet chickens, and stuffed with cremini mushrooms, bacon, cheese, onions, grape tomatoes, and broccoli. Served alongside were a fresh fruit compote (banana, blueberries, and strawberries) and toasted English muffins. I'm the lucky one—he knows how to make me feel special, and there isn't one thing about him I'd want to change!

Cooked to perfection!

What a pretty plate . . . oh yeah, the food tasted mighty good too!

Life is good!

9 comments:

Tombstone Livestock said...

Looks delicious, guess he's a keeper. Enjoy your Sunday's.

Tombstone Livestock said...

Thanks for the comments on my Thrift Store finds, I tried to reply but internet got disconnected and then since mail came in spam box I couldn't find it again.

Your not too far away from me, my dog Bella came from your area, Hwy 41 and road 207.

Leigh said...

What a heartwarming breakfast! And what a sweet husband. I agree he's a keeper. :)

TravelingGrammy said...

Why wait for Sunday? Or even better, why not invite a bunch of us over fro brunch? Potluck of course!

GreyWolf said...

Sure I'm available for next Sunday too.

sandra said...

That looks like an awesome breakfast! I remember the days when he'd make a breakfast -- an egg scramble or something -- then challenge you to guess what was in it. Does he still do that?

Mary and Elaine said...

Yes, we agree, Ken is a "keeper", and that breakfast looks awesome. But so do your cookies and other baking stuff you did (previous post) and the tole painted ornaments are FABULOUS!!! You both are SO talented and we have been so lucky to know you. Hope you have a wonderful year in 2012 and many more happy memories and adventures.
Hugs, Mary & Elaine
PS Cute chickens. You must have some land as well as a new house. Also, your kitchen looks great! Next time we are in Coarsegold we will have to pop in on you.

Farmer Jen said...

Delicious looking breakfast!

Aunt Patty said...

I can vouch for the delicious breakfasts my brother-in-law Ken makes. He is a talented chef! Especially on Sundays!!