Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Home Made Breakfast Sausage

We both like sausage with eggs for breakfast. There is a restaurant called Skyline Inn, in Sweet Home, Oregon, that serves delicious food. While spending many summers in nearby Cascadia we'd plan on having breakfast there when we went into town to do our laundry. We sold our summer place and will miss this tradition. So Ken decided to make his own sausage the other day. Needless to say, it turned out perfectly and now brings back fond memories of our breakfasts at the Skyline!

There was a good sale on pork shoulder roast. If I bought $15 worth I had a coupon for $5 off . . . needless to say I purchased about six pounds to cash in on the coupon.

Using the grinder attachment on the Kitchen Aid mixer . . .

Seasoned pork ground and ready to make into patties . . .

Patties wrapped in two's and stored in the freezer, enough to bring back many memories of our breakfast at the Skyline Inn.

Life is good!

4 comments:

kalebsmum said...

Thank you for sharing those fun events in your life! It looks like Ken is enjoying himself perparing the meat for a meal that he'll enjoy even more! Do you know that I've known you for 17 years now? I'm so glad that we have the internet to keep us in touch!

Ms. Kathleen said...

Wow, I need to buy these attachments for my mixer! Impressive! I'll bet it was delicious :)


http://theemptynestexpress.com

TravelingGrammy said...

Yum! When i get back to Coarsegold I'll "stop by" for breakfast......

Leigh said...

What an excellent idea! And you two make it look so easy. Do you have a favorite seasoning combo?