We absolutely love living in the country! This morning, while we were eating our cereal, I noticed movement in my peripheral vision. I looked out the window and there it was . . .
 |
| . . . a wild turkey strolling up the hill! We haven't seen a turkey since we moved here a year ago and she seemed to have not a care in the world. She was alone . . . she must have been lost because it seems they normally travel in flocks of a half-dozen or so. |
Then, later on in the day, Ken and I were sitting in the living room chatting and out of the blue we heard a "tap-tap-tap" . . . we both turned toward the sliding glass door and noticed . . .
 |
| . . . a Road Runner looking at its reflection on the glass door. Hanging from its mouth dangled a freshly caught lizard that he seemed mighty proud of. He flew up to the deck railing where Ken snapped this picture. But the funniest thing about this little guy is that he came back about four times during the next couple hours, with the lizard in his mouth and notifying us of his arrival with the same "tap-tap-tap!" |
Life is good!
9 comments:
Comment
What a cutie that road runner is! He wanted to show off his catch I guess! I know cats do that, but didnt' know road runners did.
I had no idea Road Runners were in CA, guess I better keep my eyes open for them, great pictures, thanks for sharing.
Isn't life in the country grand? i'm back from the rally in Lodi and all the Stagecoach Daze festivities are done...missed you! What's a good day for lunch?
Oh my goodness, I've never seen a road runner before. How neat is that. Turkeys we have, in fact I had a lone one come from across the street, jump 2 fences and head into the woods. Too bad I didn't have my camera at the ready.
That roadrunner is so very cool! We don't have them in Maryland!
~Lynn
Wow. I've seen the occasional turkey or two around my property, but never a roadrunner! Very cool.
Love your animal comings and goings Janice! A wild turkey and a road runner... my first experiences with road runners were when I was little visiting my grandparents outside of Palm Springs!
This is the time of year the hens go off by themselves to lay eggs and hatch babies...Maybe she will stop by and show you her family...Forest in Central Texas
Post a Comment