Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Great End-of-Summer Adventure

My grandsons, Riley and Thomas, are growing up way too fast. It seems like yesterday they were toddlers yet here they are, Riley's a teenager starting eighth grade and Thomas is not far behind him and started sixth grade today. Where has the time gone?

This last weekend they had a great time with their dad sailing. I'm not sure what Sandra was doing but she sent me these pictures this morning and I wanted to share them with you. The three "boys" sailed a race in a 28.5' boat on Lake Erie and placed second!


The proud sailors after a full day of sailing, working as a team
Forty boats in the race on Lake Erie.
What a great way to end the summer . . . and look forward to school starting!

Life is good!

5 comments:

sandra said...

I love seeing my boys/men having so much fun together sailing! I spent the time while they were racing kicking back at the yacht club and finished a good Stephen King book. It was a fancy yacht club with great facilities -- a bar, restaurant, pool, kids game room and lovely tables/chairs outside overlooking the river and lake.

Leigh said...

I can only imagine that placing in that race meant the world to them. What a great way to end the summer.

jackie said...

Amazing finish for our crew! We're so proud!

Sounds like Mom had a good time too while the boys were slaying 'em. Wonder what good Stephen King book it was.

Aunt Patty said...

What a great accomplishment Smith team!! Yes, we are very proud!
Nice that mom was comfy with a good book and able to look out and see the race.

TravelingGrammy said...

What great fun! Were you there ? When do you plan to visit MI again?