Friday, August 24, 2012

Two Good Men in My Life

While sorting through boxes and boxes and albums and albums of slides and pictures we've collected through the years, I've been able to relive my life so to speak. It has been a tedious job and the task of sorting is one I'll never have to do again. It has taken many days to sort which has to be done before I'm able to scan digitally what's left and eventually toss them all out. So far "sorting" only means having two piles — "Keep" or "Toss"  — for there will be many more days of actually sorting them into categories.

I've told you all that to tell you this . . . as I looked through all these pictures I'm reminded that I have been blessed with TWO GOOD MEN in my life . . . my father and my husband. I came across a couple of precious pictures to share with you today.

Forty-nine years ago today, August 24, 1963, these two men played a significant part in my life. One of them, my daddy, walked me down the aisle. 

And the other walked me back up the aisle to start our life as husband and wife.


I remember my dad saying to me as we started down the aisle: "J.E., there's still time, you can change your mind." I said "Thanks Daddy, but this one's a keeper!"

Many years later Daddy told Ken "I've never seen any two people get along as well as you and J.E." 

Ken and I met in 8th grade and became high school sweethearts. We had lots of time to get to know each other before this special day.

I love you Ken, and I'm so happy we tied that knot forty-nine years ago. I look forward to many more years of sharing life with you . . . you're the best. Happy Anniversary!

Life is good!

7 comments:

jackie said...

Daddy was right, there aren't many other couples that get along as well as you two. You were Meant for each other! Happy Anniversary to you, and congratulations on all these many years of your happily married life.

Aunt Patty said...

This was a beautiful tribute to our sweet Dad and your wonderful husband. You and Ken certainly are blessed with a great marriage, and I'm happy for you. You would be a great couple to give a marriage enrichment class, and share your knowledge with others. Congratulations to you both.

P.S. You were a beautiful bride!

Farmer Jen said...

Aww..now I have tears in my eyes...great photos & memories. Wow, 49 years! Congratulations on your long and happy marriage! What special celebrations do you have planned for your 50th?

TravelingGrammy said...

tiI wish you many more happy years! What a cute couple you were (are)!

Leigh said...

What a lovely post! Thank you for sharing.

Jennifer said...

Awww!! I love these pictures. So00 sweet. Do you have a picture of that second sweet man walking me down the aisle in that same gorgeous gown? That might be a cute Christmas idea for a side by side frame :)

sandra said...

I think I've been too teary-eyed to comment on this awesome blog. I've read it almost every day since your anniversary...and teared up each time. You two are a great couple and seeing Grandpa Burns in the picture with you and your cute self just puts me over the top.