Monday, October 22, 2012

Tea With My Girls

Sandra flew in from Battle Creek for a quick visit to see Jennifer in the Tony Show on Saturday night. Sandra had a great idea for Friday . . . she thought it would be fun for the three of us to go out for tea at Time for Tea in Oakhurst. It's a cute tea house that has a few private rooms besides the larger room with about six tables. I reserved the "Fireside Room" for us so that we could have a bit of privacy while enjoying our "Victorian High Tea" along with lots of chatter and laughter.

Time for Tea, wonderful friendly service and great food.

The Fireside Room, one of four rooms set up for private parties.

Sandra and I waiting to be picked up by Jen.

Jennifer and Sandra, I couldn't ask for better daughters!

One of many cute teapots.

One of three "Victorian High Tea" presentations placed on our table . . . so much that we brought home "doggy boxes" to enjoy later that evening. Tea sandwiches on the bottom plate, savory tidbits on the center, and the sweet "delectables" on top.

Jennifer surprised us by picking up the tab (it was a couple days past Sandra's birthday so I got in on a birthday present for her from Jen and family).

Thanks Jen for such a good time!

Life is good!

6 comments:

Leigh said...

High tea! What a beautiful place. We used to have and "Old English Tearoom" that served authentic English cuisine and various teas. My daughter and I used to go for luncheon or tea frequently. Then the couple retired and not the place is a used car lot! So sad.

Tombstone Livestock said...

Hmmm, when I come back up to Oakhurst in the next week or so I will have to look around town more. Made a quick trip last month but had 2 dogs with me, that keeps ya from site seeing for sure, next trip they get to stay home.

jackie said...

Oh how perfectly lovely! (spoken with an English accent.)

That high tea was a very memorable afternoon. Everything looks so delectable, and that teapot is so very darling.

It is especially nice that you got to have a cozy room, all to yourselves. I bet you stayed a while!

I agree, you couldn't ask for finer daughters than your two. And I would feel that way even if I were not so lucky to be their aunt.

sandra said...

What a fun time we had! Thanks Jen, for the treat. I invited Jen and Mom, then Jen paid for it. LOL It was just luck that it was my birthday week. :) I always love afternoon tea, especially with my favorite women.

Mary and Elaine said...

Great pictures, and yes, you have wonderful daughters! Of course, look at the couple who raised them!! Thanks again for the enjoyable Happy Hour we had recently at your home, and for all the "goodies" you gave us. Hugs, Mary & Elaine

Aunt Patty said...


Very cute pictures of all of you. I used to love to
go to tea with you too. Great memories of you, me,
Mom and Sandra one time at the Huntington Hotel.
And yes, those nieces of mine are terrific girls, I love
them lots!