Being married forty-two years is an accomplishment in its own. But being married to my husband for forty-two years has been a joyful accomplishment on the whole. Now, we've had ups and downs, the downs I can count on one hand - the ups I'd have to be a centipede in order to count them! So here's the message in the e-card I sent to him earlier . . . and I mean every bit of it with all my heart!
An Anniversary Love Letter To My Husband of 42 Years
Joy, for me, is loving you and sharing daily life,
With that special kind of closeness between husband and wife—
Setting goals and working to reach them, one by one—
Sharing quiet moments all alone when each day is done—
Discovering each other, always something new to know—
Helping you as you help me to learn, and dream, and grow—
We’re lovers and companions, best friends and partners too—
More and more with every day, joy, to me, is loving you!
Happy Anniversary
Wednesday, August 24, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Happy Anniversary! That is indeed a great accomplishment in todays day and age. What an inspiration I have for my marriage. You didn't write that poem did you? If so, you have more talents than anyone I know!
I love you both and happy anniversary.
I am not the author of that poem . . . but I just love it . . . it says it all! You and P have a great marriage going for you . . . keep it up! We're proud of you and your whole family!
HAPPY Anniversary MAaaa and Dad!!! I'm so proud of you two! I love you both so much :>
Post a Comment