

It looks like we’re gonna have at least ONE red tomato!
Now let’s see . . . what can I do with one RED cherry tomato?
Salsa . . . don’t think so!
Tomato Sauce . . . don’t think so!
Home-made tomato soup? Nah!
Guess I better let Ken eat it since he’s the one that trimmed back the leaves so it could get more sun in order for it to turn red . . . seemed to work!
We have another cherry tomato plant on the deck along with a “grape cherry” . . . question, how do we know when the “grape cherry” is ripe when it is SUPPOSED to be green?

3 comments:
I hope that one red cherry tomato is the best tasting tomato ever! I say take a bite out of the best looking grape tomato and see how it tastes. How has the search for a "fried green tomato" recipe going. Just dip it in ranch... everything tastes good dipped in ranch!
Oh dear, I hope that your tomatoes are just late bloomers! We have so many tomatoes that they're coming out of our ears! Good luck and I hope dad enjoys that one delicous tomatoe...now, should he put salt or sugar on it (what would gramma say?)
I'm thinkin' salt . . . Now he's thinking of using hydroponics with some gro-light contraption for next year's crop. It's cold and pouring down rain today so I think summer's over in Cascadia! No second crop on the basil either . . . bummer!
Post a Comment