Sunday, January 29, 2006

All Good Things Must Come To An End


Lou


John and Barbara


Our last sunset for this trip


City Lights


Our desert adventure is coming to an end. It seems like ages ago when we enjoyed the Bluegrass Festival with Gary and Cecile, and Barb and John. Tonight I got a better picture of Barb and John to share with you. And another Park Sierra couple dropped into Boomerville . . . Lou and Judy (however Judy wasn't feeling well enough to join our happy hour. But here's Lou with his beautiful smile. We've had a blast with these good friends and look forward to "doing it again" on down the road.

We had a relaxing day today . . . Ken read most of the day. He's reading Tom Clancey's "Rainbow Six" and is two/thirds the way through. It's nearly 900 pages long and he's been really enjoying it. I've been making my baby caps, reading, and visiting with friends. But now it's time to pack up and leave around 10 tomorrow morning. . . heading over to Palm Springs and Banning then on to J and Ps to celebrate K's birthday and Super Bowl Sunday!

Tonight's sunset wasn't as spectacular as last night's but I had to catalog it because it's our last one here in lovely Quartzsite. Next year we plan to spend at least two weeks out here or longer. Oh no, does that make us sound like a snowbird! Yikes!

1 comment:

Aunt Patty said...

Beautiful sunset, neat looking friends. Too bad it's over but what great memories. J & P's celebration for Ken will be a great way to end this fun trip.K must be getting up there by now, hee hee! I'm sure Mom will want to bet on the superbowl! I'm glad to reminded me.