Monday, February 20, 2006

A Cozy Quilt

Burrrr-Willies, It's been very wintry this weekend. We've had rain, hail, and snow (real wet so that it doesn't stick) all within a half hour. It's the kind of weather you wish you had a fireplace to snuggle up next to with a good book.

Well . . . we don't have a fireplace (there are some RVs that DO have that luxury), so the next best thing for me is to snuggle up with cozy a quilt! That's exactly what I did, except I had to finish the quilt first. Here I am sewing to my heart's content putting the final touches on my "patriotic quilt." And by the time the Olympics were over (around midnight) last night it was done.

I often crawl into bed with freezing-cold feet . . . but not last night! I'm thinking that having a quilt on my lap is a great solution to that dilemma, because my feet were toasty-warm. I always have my slippers on in the evening but something about this quilt really did the trick. Go figure!


Life is good . . . especially with warm feet!

Update on the "Amish-Quilted" cross-stitched quilt: I've been told that it is now in the works and, hopefully, it will be done before the "gardening season" starts. The woman doing the quilting "concentrates on the garden with her husband, since they have no children."





6 comments:

Middle America Mom said...

That quilt is lovely and oh-so patriotic! Good going california grammy! I must say, we don't need a quilt this week in sunny FLA :>

SeattleS said...

Beautiful!! And it does look oh-so-cozy!

jennavar said...

Wow!! It came out great! Is this the quilt that was supposed to go to somebody serving in Iraq? It does look awfully cozy on your bed!

CaliforniaGrammy said...

Yes, v-party of five, it is the one you're referring to but I changed my mind, I liked it too much! I'm trying not to feel guilty!

Mary and Elaine said...

What a talented person you are - in so many ways!! We have looked at the weather report and you are going to be NEEDING that quilt! Sending big hugs to you and Ken. Love, M&E

Aunt Patty said...

Yes, that quilt is a real beauty, and you should keep it for you and K. You'll enjoy it for years to come! Can't wait to see what your next quilt will be, wouldn't it be fun to have one for each season? or each big holiday? You go girl!!