Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Last of the Fifties for Rick


We celebrated R's 59th birthday tonight. What a fabulous dinner party J threw for him. Sister S and good friend A joined K and I with J and R to make a party of six.
We enjoyed wine in the rose garden in full bloom. Then a lovely dinner of barbecued teriyakied pork tenderloin, with polenta, roasted vegetables and a fresh green salad. . . topped off with strawberry and rhubarb galette with whipped cream (R's favorite dessert). Wonderful evening . . . food, wine, and good company!




5 comments:

Aunt Patty said...

Happy Birthday Rick!!! You are a very young, handsome 59 year old. Looks like a very festive evening, and with something very special to celebrate. The dinner sounds and looks verrrry gourmet, the whole dinner!! Sorry your card will be late. Hope we're all together on your 60th. Love, your sister-in-law,Pea

Aunt Patty said...

By the way J, your top looks darling! Is that the overblouse just like the one you got for me??

jennavar said...

What a fun party. WOWSIE... 59 years old... you are looking good! That dinner does look fabulous. And the roses are beautiful too. Maaaaa... may I please have a printout of the picture of you and daddy. I love it. That is definitely your color.

Aunt Patty said...

Just one more thing! The pictures of the two couples are really good!And I mean both of the couples. I will try to print them out myself, but if they don't turn out that good I would also like a copy. Looking forward to Mendicino blogs.

Middle America Mom said...

Maa - you and dad look like models! You both look so great!!! Speaking of looking great, how about Uncle Rick -- still surfing at 59 and lookin' fine! I'm glad you had a good time there. I miss visiting so much!