We've finally left Park Sierra for our summer trek to Oregon. This time we're taking a month to get to our place in Cascadia. Our first stop is Russian River Resort in Cloverdale so we can have time with R and J in Healdsburg. Last night we wanted to be sure to watch the finale of American Idol so we got here early enough to hook up our TV reception. Strike one! All they have here is satellite TV so we're out of luck watching it in our own rig. We headed on up to the lounge early to be sure to "have control" of the remote should anyone else happen in and want to watch something else . . . can't imagine THAT! Soon after we picked out the most comfortable seats the manager came in and said "I'm gonna have to ask you to move . . . " and I thought "over my dead body!" but when he finished his sentence I realized that he was getting ready to show American Idol on the big screen! So we helped him move furniture around and get set up . . . and we were happy campers. We watched the show with four other "Idol Junkies" and had a great time. Hooray for Taylor Hicks! I think my son-in-law, MFS, had him picked out from the very beginning.I kinda wanted Kat to win because I adored her dad's weepy face and I thought she was a great singer. . . but I'll admit, I think Taylor is a way-better entertainer!
We slept very well our first night out (could it be the QUEENsize bed and beautiful fresh mountain air?) and look forward to a glorious summer. Life is Good!
Thursday, May 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
JL...I really liked those words...our trek to Oregon...the family will have to come visit you in cascadia...D was saying the other day that I worked for you 10+ years ago and it stuck...here's to seeing you this summer!!
Wowee. Is it getting to be that time already. Can't wait for our trek up there too. Have a fun time getting there. Enjoy all the stops on the way.
Post a Comment