Well, I decided to google "Crab Cake Recipe" and I found a recipe called "The Ultimate Crabcake" which was featured on Tyler Florence's show from the Food Network TV . . . oh my gosh, it's meant to be! It just occured to me that here we are in Florence, Oregon . . . duh—of course Tyler Florence must have THE Ultimate Crab Cake recipe! So I decided to add that one to my collection I keep on my computer. We had two pounds of crab from last year's catch still in the freezer, so I shopped for the ingredients I needed and gave the recipe a try. I'm even going to share it with you just in case you're lucky enough to have some crab still in your freezer, or even the canned crab should be okay to use too.
Now don't forget we're in our little 25 foot Holiday Rambler trailer—which has what I call a "one butt kitchen!" But we can even cook gourmet dishes while on the road!


The recipe makes enough for six, so I'll have two more meals inthe freezer when I'm finished making the cakes.
They turned out to be very good crab cakes, however quite different from any crab cake we've had in the past. They seemed more like a potato pancake to me with the addition of crab. Next time I make them I think I'll cut the milk mixture in half and use shredded baked potato rather than mashed.
The Remoulade was delicious. We love fresh herbs in our cooking, especially fresh tarragon. Now, most of you know that we take our herb garden with us but our chives and tarragon aren't doing too well right now, so these were store-bought . . . however the thyme is fresh from our "garden!"

If you would like the recipe, let me know.
I will email it to you.
I will email it to you.






4 comments:
You are such a hoot J...Those crabcakes do look tastie ...
I don't need the recipe ... I need to know what time dinner is on!!! :)
Wow - that looks fantastic! I am envious of the meal (and wine) you are about to enjoy ... and the RV lifesytle that looks like so much fun!
AJ - I agree, I prefer them without potatoes. But these were pretty good . . . just didn't seem like crabcakes . . . more like potato pancakes with a bit of crab. But the sauce is real yummo and would be good on "real" crabcakes!
Good demo picture of your one butt kitchen. Great pictures of the gourmet looking meal. Will wait till we get settled to get that new recipe, maybe just the sauce. I'm sorry your fresh tarragon isn't doing well. Your traveling herb garden is such a neat idea! You know how much we loved that chicken salad you made with fresh tarragon.
Post a Comment