Sunday, June 25, 2006

A Walk to the Beach

Today we ventured out to the beach. Now we are situated on the east side of Hwy. 101 and, of course, the ocean is on the west side of the highway. In order to get to the beach "they" have you follow this path lined with some kind of cool only-in-Oregon kind of trees with lots of flora of the fern types throughout the walk.




We end up at the five lane highway. Luckily, it's no big deal to cross because one can see both ways and there basically is no traffic! When we cross to the other side we're at the ocean, only up on a fifty-foot cliff overlook the giant bright blue Pacific, absolutely gorgeous and mighty!



Maybe a dozen, at the most, on the beach itself.

One family digging for clams. No driftwood or dunes like down in Florence—just a beautiful sandy beach, begging for sun bathers. I'm guessing it's not crowded like in California because it's too darn cold and windy!


I found that these two signs were strange . . . and not real friendly! Now who would think of bringing their "home garbage" to the beach, for crying out loud?

Heading back to camp.

Aren't these cool trees?

When we got back to the trailer I headed down to the "store" to rent a DVD for tonight's entertainment (I picked out Broke Back Mountain, which we haven't seen yet.) and when I returned I found K into his third book for this trip (Actually I love when he can relax and read, he doesn't have time for it when we're not on the road!) . . . he'll be into this one for quite some time. This one certainly can't be an all-nighter, I hope . . . it's three inches thick (over 700 pages)! . . . Nelson Demille's "The Gold Coast" . . . which he says I will enjoy when he's finished. We'll see.

Life is Good!

8 comments:

CaliforniaGrammy said...

I DO remember that fiddy cent purchase. That's where I found that piece of polka-dot fabric which I am including in your new quilt!

Aunt Patty said...

Looks like a perfect walk. H has always wanted to see the Oregon Coast. Beautiful folage. Would love to be in cold and windy weather now, it's in the high 90's here.

kalebsmum said...

all your pics makes me want to hit the beach!! We love the beach...great when it's summer and great when it's winter (all the storms)..Doug and I have spent many an anniversary (in dec) on the oregon coast (and our honeymoon in Yachats) Enjoy your time and the hot weather we are having.

CaliforniaGrammy said...

Hey kalebsmom . . . it's not hot on the beach. It's been rather cool and quite windy, thank you very much. I wish it were warmer!

kalebsmum said...

I wish...100+ today. I love the beach when it's too warm in the city...send some of that colder wind our way...

Padraic and Willie said...

Nice ocean view..

The Amazing Trips said...

Such beautiful pictures ... I hope that you are having a wonderful time. I don't see how you couldn't be! Walking the beach, reading good books, seeing good movies.

Whatever you do, don't get busted for ridding yourselves of "house" trash. Does "RV" trash count, too?? :)

Mary and Elaine said...

Hey Ken & Janice,
Sure wish we were there on the Oregon coast with you rather than here, in Woodland, working on our rental! It is 103 today!! Enjoy.
We miss you but are glad you are having fun.
Love, Mary & Elaine