Saturday, August 26, 2006

The Big Day

August 24th was a special day. Itwas not only our 43rd Wedding Anniversary . . . it was K's mom's 90th Birthday. . .and we had a fun surprise party for her. When R and S picked her up she thought she was coming over to the house for a little barbecue. Little did she know that there would be so much family to greet her.

The party was held in the lovely back yard of K's brother and wife . . . the hosts extraordinaire to house all of us. K and I slept in our little guesthouse on wheels in the driveway.

The V-party-of-five flew up to Seattle for the occasion. And K and I came up from Oregon so as not to miss the event. The midwestern granddaughter and family couldn't make it nor could the only grandson and his sweet wife (they were on vacation) and we missed them all. But for the rest of us . . . we had a great time celebrating Mom's 90 years and counting! She was very much surprised and enjoyed herself very much. Here are some pictures for you to enjoy too.

Here is the "big surprise" greeting.
She had a big smile on her face for quite a long time,

enjoying every minute of the affair.

"You just can't know how much this means to me!"
The big smile on her face says it all.


Ruthie and her boys.

Couldn't ask for a sweeter mother-in-law!

Cousins having fun sharing young motherhood stories.

Cousins - young and old!

The youngest celebrating with the oldest family members.
We celebrated S's first birthday the following night.


One of her favorite presents . . . a very special photo book
from the midwestern grandkids!
P.S. We just got back from visiting "Gramma R" at her
assisted living home and she told me she has looked through the book
"so many times, I just love it. Those boys are just dahling!"

2 comments:

kalebsmum said...

Happy 43rd Anniversary--all I can say is WOW!! You and K are 30 years ahead of Doug and I (14 in December) and K's mom turning 90--another WOW!! It's always fun to celebrate great milestones with family.

Middle America Mom said...

Maaa - I love your blog and it made me sooo happy to see that picture of Gramma with the book open (to the page with the picture of the boys that you took at the club.) Thaks for letting me know she liked the book. You know how much I wished that I was there too!!