DAY ONE
Feeding the giraffes were the highlight of the day. They could hardly wait for Grammy to "touch his tongue!"DAY 2
A fun day at a Yacht Club, not far from home, where the S family have a membership and love to go for fun on the lake. S and I spent most of the day on the beach watching the kids play-play-play in the beautiful lake . . . a nice shallow swimming area for kids. K and M rigged the family sailboat "The Yankee Doodle" and sailed to their hearts content. When they came in K and I watched the boys while S and M took a sail, something they don't get an opportunity to do much at all. It was a beautiful day sunny with white puffy clouds floating by and the humidity was not as high as it was at the house. I have many pictures of the boys playing and catching frogs and trying to catch a butterfly, but I love this picture of them after their shower at the end of the day, all slicked up to go to dinner. They were pretty tired after a very full day of swimming and playing.
All cleaned up for dinner at a nice restaurant on the lake.DAY 3

Grammy, R, T (with his little fingers making the peace sign in the butterfly, and S having fun at the Children's GardenToday we went to a park nearby called Children's Garden and every Saturday there is something special for the kids to do. Today, "water" was the feature to learn about. And the kids had a great time getting wet . . . it was pretty hot outside so the water was refreshing to all.

Sweet brothers standing in the "Rainbow Garden."DAY 4
Sunday was a busy day. In the morning we went to a beautiful old train-station-turned-into-a-restaurant for a lovely brunch, walked to a pretty new play-park and spent time watching the boys having fun on the play structure, went bowling which was a blast . . . the kids were amazing to watch pick up the seven-pound bowling balls and actually make the pins fall! Then home for a nap and get ready for company for dinner . . . a nice barbecue. I contributed the dessert . . . a fruit-topped vanilla pudding pie . . . perfect for a warm summer barbecue feast. T loved it especially and wanted to make sure "Mom" wrote down the recipe. I told him that it was so easy that even "he" could make one . . . in fact "let's make another one tomorrow!" He was so excited about that idea he could hardly wait for "tomorrow" to come.


R caught on to the strategy of the game quite well.
Both players grinning after the game was over.K had a great time playing with his grandson.
A precious memory tucked away!
DAY 5







Thanks, M and S and R and T, for a great time
experiencing your midwestern summer!
experiencing your midwestern summer!









3 comments:
Oh, what a great account of our wonderful time together! We, too, had TONS of fun with you. We're were very happy to share summertime here in the Midwest. Now, we just have to get you out here for a winter -- ice hockey, sledding, snowman building, hot chocolate.....
R says: "You forgot to mention that Papa didn't even know that he won a game of Battleship. I had to tell him that he won. I was like, wait a minute, I have red things in all my ships, which means you got them all! The aircraft carrier had the most hits - 5 and the destroyer had 4. The PT boat had 2 - PT stands for Patrol Boat."
It sounds like a great and very busy time. What great pictures of T making the pie. He is right in his element with creativity and his love of fruit. What a fun activity. And I love the pictures of R and dad playing battleship. I forgot how fun that game is. He really is good at playing games. I will always keep the time he taught me to play chess close to my heart. I'm glad you made it home safe and sound especially after all of this airport fiasco started.
Post a Comment