The hostess with the mostess . . . JJ provided all sorts of crafts from which to choose to make for our "Secret Pals" - we were given a gift bag to fill with handmade treasures (painted ornaments, decorated gingerbread men, felt ornaments, candies and other goodies. The bags were given out at the appropriate time with joy in our hearts having spent special time creating the gifts while keeping our secret all day as to whom the recipient was to be.
One of the great grandmothers (my sweet mother) had more fun painting her ornaments and just getting pleasure out of enjoying the four-generation gathering.
We were especially blessed to have a second great grandmother this year—PD's gramma visiting from Cambria. She is such a joy!
And some used their imaginations to the max! M created a surfing thing-a-ma-jig out of felt
for her Secret Pal!
KL having fun creating a masterpiece to give away.
And KL loved chatting with AP while they both painted their ornaments.
It's always good to be with family.We've spread out more than ever now that the second generation has all retired.
Here is my younger sister, SS, with her daughter and son-in-law (my niece and nephew).




5 comments:
What a fun time we all had. Thank you both so much for all the help in planning and preparing for the festivities. It couldn't have been done without you two. We sure know how to hustle and bustle don't we!
Yes we do! It comes from many years of practice. And we even have fun doing it!
What a great new tradition! I was glad to have more time to visit and spend time with everyone during the festivities. The party was definitely a hit. The appetizers were sooo yummy, and the sloppy joes were to die for!! Thankyou JJ, JE,KF, and PD for the wonderful party, and thankyou KL for the beautiful ornaments and yummy gingerbread man. How fun we worked together all afternoon, and I didn't know you had my name. You are sure good at keeping a secret!!
I love this tradition! How fun to make something for someone right in front of them (and with them)!
The idea of a day long appetizer-fest sounds great as well.
I can't believe that fantastic tree! Ours was not even four feet, much less fourteen! Ha.
Hey v-Pof5 - I want to hear more about the games that ya'll played. Send me an email sometime, ok??
XOXO
It sounds like you all had a great time! I think that J had a wonderful idea. I hope it's just as fun next year when I can be there :>
Post a Comment