Thursday, December 07, 2006

Such a Treat

It all started by a phone call from JJ saying that SS was going to fly out to LAX on a business trip and the two sisters were going to spend the afternoon and evening together. JJ thought it would be fun for the two of us to surprise SS by showing up at her hotel room. Not knowing that K and I were "camping" in Santa Barbara—much closer to L.A. than we would have been had we been back in Coarsegold—SS would really be surprised to see me. And she was! I was so excited to be able to spend time with both of my daughters—just the three of us doing "girl-things"—a very rare opportunity I could not pass up! We had a great time catching up with what's going on in our lives, shopping, dining out, laughing—just enjoying being together. I love'em both so much.

4 comments:

Middle America Mom said...

Ahhh...I had so much fun with you two!!! Thanks for the great surprise! It was a perfect time for the good ole saying, "when Ken works on weekends, the girls and I go shopping!" I love you to bits!

SeattleS said...

Oh my gosh!! What a wonderful treat! I bet you all were thrilled!! :-)

Aunt Patty said...

I'm all teary eyed of course! What a darling picture! I miss you guys both so much, and also love you to bits!! So looking forward to see JJ on Xmas, hopefully seeing SS next Xmas.

Aunt Patty said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.