Thursday, December 28, 2006

A Laid-Back Christmas Morning

What a pleasure it was not having to hurry through Christmas morning. In fact, it felt rather strange to take our time opening gifts and kicking back enjoying the morning. We almost had to force ourselves to "slow down" and not feel rushed. Some of us stayed in our jammies until nearly noon. We all agreed that we like our new tradition.

Christmas Eve with lots of presents stashed under the fourteen-foot tree.
PDV read the Christmas story from Luke and Matthew. . . the kids opened the jammies so they could be adorable for pictures in the morning . . . then off to bed so Santa could arrive.


It was fun watching KL discover that there was a matching pair of jammies for her American Girl Doll "Kit."

So soft and cuddly . . . ready for bed on Christmas Eve!

Here is JD showing off his new bathrobe.

JJ was all smiles when she discovered the Raggy Diamond Quilt. I made one for her sister living in the snow-covered midwest too. They both loved them, as I was hoping they would. Lots of work but so worth it when you can get smiles like this one!

PD enjoyed a leisure Christmas morning, too!

Christmas day was spent playing with the kids.

KL wasn't sure she liked playing the new Scrabble game. She'll soon learn how much fun it is!

Life is Good spending the holidays with family!





5 comments:

kalebsmum said...

It looks and sounds like you all had a great Christmas in your jammies! And I love that tree...it looks like a 14 footer!

Merry Christmas JL!

jennavar said...

That was the first laid back Christmas morning I had in 37 years!! You're right, we almost didn't know what to do with ourselves. I'm likeing it to! Sure was a lot of fun.. and I LOOOOVVVVEEE my blanket. I have to fight for it sometimes though! Paul likes to snuggle with it too.

Love you lots!

Middle America Mom said...

I'm soo happy that you're such a great blogger, mom! I feel like I was right there with you :> My boys love their jammies too. I should have let them open them up on The Eve too -- would have been great for pictures. I love K's doll's pjs that match her own -- how fun is that?

SeattleS said...

Ohhh. Sounds like you had a wonderfully fun and relaxed Christmas! Love the quilt - love the matching pjs!
BTW - "We" loved opening the frog-bear and purse. Sammy gets the biggest grin when she sees the frogbear doll! Thank you so much! :-)

Middle America Mom said...

Okay, I gotta know, what's a frog-bear? Half frog/half bear? Sounds strange! Do explain