Here is KL with the Toni Doll housed in a display case. The doll is over 50 years old. The small framed picture in front of the doll is a photograph of me at ten with my doll. (The dress on the doll in the picture was made by me by hand. That was how my Mom taught me how to sew. By teaching me how to use a pattern to cut out the fabric, and then to sew the pieces together to make a dress for my doll—she taught me how to sew and I've sewn all my life since then.)
Monday, February 05, 2007
She's Come A Long Way
Nearly ten years ago, when KL was a mere toddler I bought a Toni Doll on eBay. . . the very same model I had when I was ten years old. KL is our first grandchild and only granddaughter. Being a new grammy I was excited to find the same doll I played with as a child to, some day, give to my brand new granddaughter. I tried that idea when she was three . . . she sweetly smiled and reached for the doll and carried it away holding onto the dolls hair. Oops! What was I thinking? I decided to wait until a later time in KL's life. Well that day came yesterday, KL's 12th birthday. She has grown up to be such a sweet, smart, caring, adorable young lady and she loves dolls (maybe second next to animals!). She has an American Girl doll of her own that she treasures. So now my Toni Doll has a new home, under the care of my precious granddaughter. Happy Birthday, KL!
Here is KL with the Toni Doll housed in a display case. The doll is over 50 years old. The small framed picture in front of the doll is a photograph of me at ten with my doll. (The dress on the doll in the picture was made by me by hand. That was how my Mom taught me how to sew. By teaching me how to use a pattern to cut out the fabric, and then to sew the pieces together to make a dress for my doll—she taught me how to sew and I've sewn all my life since then.)
Here is KL with the Toni Doll housed in a display case. The doll is over 50 years old. The small framed picture in front of the doll is a photograph of me at ten with my doll. (The dress on the doll in the picture was made by me by hand. That was how my Mom taught me how to sew. By teaching me how to use a pattern to cut out the fabric, and then to sew the pieces together to make a dress for my doll—she taught me how to sew and I've sewn all my life since then.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
She looks so happy to have that doll! I know that you've been itchin' to give it to her. It seems like you found just the right time. By the way, I've always loved that picture of you with your doll and her hand-sewn outfit. Could I get a copy of it? I'd love to frame it. Can't wait to see you soon!!!
I think I have the slide (in Oregon) from which that print was made. I'll have to hunt it down for you!
Your dad had a great idea ... we'll scan it so we can print it out. I'd like a copy too, and this will be easier than finding the slide!
I remember that picture I think, Uncle Milt took it. You had curly hair right? How neat you waited this long to give it to KL. That is such a cute picture of her, you can tell she is pretty happy with that Toni doll!
Post a Comment