Monday, November 05, 2007

Fall in California's Wine Country

We've been home in Coarsegold for a week. It always seems to take us a while to get back into a routine when we've been gone for so long, this time over five months. But I do have some pictures to show you from a quick field trip a few weeks ago. While we were staying at the Thousand Trails Russian River and visiting with family we took time out on our way from Cloverdale to Healdsburg to visit the Rosso and Bianco Winery, the new winery belonging to Francis Ford Coppola. It was special to us because we (meaning Fountain People) have a fountain installed at the entrance to the winery and we wanted to check out it out. But take a gander at the breath-taking grounds. Oh my gosh, it was a gorgeous day!

This fountain is quite simple but elegant— and it sparkles beautifully during the day and dances in colored lights at night.

Taken from the top of the stairs near the entrance where the fountain is located.

This is taken just at the beginning of the long driveway overlooking the vineyards. Beautiful flowers, planted as if they grow there naturally.


3 comments:

jennavar said...

Those are some beautiful pictures. Beautiful water feature too! Did you do any wine tasting? I have yet to tour a winery. I'll have to put that on my list of things to do. That one is very pretty!

Middle America Mom said...

I love those flowers so much! That's how I like gardens -- to look like God planted the flowers there.

Aunt Patty said...

Great pictures! Beautiful scenes and flowers. Nice to see one of your fountains too.