As you probably know, by the list of my favorite Blogs on the left, I love reading Pioneer Woman's blogs . . . both her "cooking blog" and her "life in the country blog." I used her recipe to do the first pot roast I've done in years. And, I swear, it's the best we've ever tasted. I'm drooling even as I write this. It's been roasting in the oven for nearly five hours . . . and it was so worth it. In fact, it's really an easy way to do a pot roast because after you've done the browning, you don't touch it until the timer goes off! I hope all my "fans" try it because it is soooooo yummo, and you'll be glad you did—in fact you'll probably adopt this as your pot roast method from now on!
Here it is after it's been in the oven for about three hours . . . I just looked through the top, I didn't take the lid off!Life is good!


5 comments:
YUMMO!! What a great smell I'm sure the rig had as it was cooking on this blustery, stormy, rainy day! I love pw too. She rocks! We had a yummy smelling house with chicken and dumplings cooking all day. I'll try the potroast tomorrow and let you know how it turns out. Sounds pretty easy peasy to me.
So gimme the recipe J.E. I'm dyin' to try it!! Hope it is easy peasy! It sure looks good!
Looks good. That PW does know how to cook.
Yummy.. looks so good.
I found your blog from a comment on PW's site - that roast looks great! Also love the quilt you made for your grandson. I will beback to check out your blog some more!
Post a Comment