Friday, March 28, 2008

He Finally Got His Own Quilt

I've loved making quilts for my daughters, my grandchildren, and others. When I finished the one for CD in January, K asked me "When do I get one?" So I've been working on this one for a while and finally finished it yesterday! I even got to quilt it myself on a friend's long-arm machine. I washed and dried it this morning which, to me, turns it into a quilt by shrinking it up just a bit which causes it to pucker and shows off the quilting. Plus—washing the sizing out of the fabric not only softens the quilt but shows off the quilting as well.

It's a pretty good size so he can wrap up all cozy-like.

If you look carefully you can see "I love you!" quilted into the tan bar.

And this message is taken off my high school senior picture which I signed when I gave it to him . . . "Forever yours" (Awe, how sweet is that?!)

And the name of this block is "English Wedding Ring"

He loves it!

Life is good!


7 comments:

Ken said...

JE - I love it & You!

kalebsmum said...

What a beautiful quilt J--You do such amazing work!

jennavar said...

I absolutely love how the quilt came out. You did a great job on the quilting machine. The words you sewed on are sooo romantic and special. You amaze me indeed!

Memaw's memories said...

What a beautiful quilt. I love homemade quilts.

Middle America Mom said...

Awww, maaaa...how nice! It's a beautiful quilt -- nice and masculine too. Those nice romantic words are so special. If he had made the quilt for you, he would have embroidered "you're ok" into it somewhere...

SeattleS said...

I'm so glad you pointed out the words. What a sweet thing. I am sure it will be a cherished item!

A.J. said...

Aww, JE, I've got tears on my cheeks! That is one special keepsake quilt, absolutely beautiful. I could see the words too, how SWEET!