Thursday, October 16, 2008
Cascadia Sourdough Cinnamon Rolls
We brought home (of course) the sourdough starter Ken developed from scratch while we were in Oregon this past summer. He's been feeding it occasionally and storing it in the fridge. He's shared some with Jen so she and the kids can make some bread in a homeschooling project. He got up early Sunday morning to make some cinnamon rolls. The pictures will set your mouth drooling!
Having been rolled out to a rectangle, the dough was spread with melted butter, sprinkled with brown sugar and cinnamon and rolled up tight. After being cut into one-inch circles and placed in the baking pan they were covered and left to rise an hour.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Hmmmm... can you cyberspace one of those over to me so I can have it with my Latte?? Those look great. I will have to keep the starter that you gave me alive so I can make those too!
They look delicious! I can almost smell the cinnamon.
Those look yummy!!
WHERE'S MINE??? Did you forget your neighbor down the road????? I wish our blogspots had smell-o-vision...
Those really look delicious. I had never thought of using sourdough starter for cinnamon rolls. You have a very talented husband! :-)
I remember tasting this same recipe when that couple first demonstrated them at P.S. I can vouch that they are very delicious!
Post a Comment