Sunday, January 11, 2009

For Lynette

This past summer I posted a story about Lynette. (To review the whole story click here.) Lynette came up for a few days this past week to visit with Jen. It was the perfect opportunity to give her the tole painted box.

It was great to see her again. . . she's like a third daughter in our family and we love her very much!

KL read the "story of the quilt" which I laminated and glued to the bottom of the box for posterity. (Lynette couldn't get through the tears to read it aloud.)

It was a fun box to paint for this very special young woman!

Life is Good!


2 comments:

Farmer Jen said...

It's beautiful!

A.J. said...

Been catching up on blogs, and this one moved me to tears, of course! The box is so lovely and just exquisite, and the story of the quilt is great, Lynette is great, and I love how you lamenated the story on the bottom of the box!