Jen and KL came over this afternoon to load up the hutches. Between the four of us we were able to get them both in the truck, tied down, and off we went up the mountain to their permanent home. Ken and I followed them so we could assist in the unloading. PD and the boys were off at various ball games.
KL helped Ken tie down the hutches.
We were a bit concerned about them being top-heavy in the truck so Ken cinched them up good!
The first time out, the wind lifted the roof-tops and flipped them over! So we had to pull over and adjust the hutches and tie down the roof-tops. Life is such an adventure and we learn something new every day!
Finally out on the highway . . . what a pretty day it was today!
We made it without another hitch.
KL introduced her rabbit, Elwood, to his new home.
The bunnies love their new digs!
Elwood got a little run of the yard before he went into his new home for the night. These bunnies are purebred in their individual breeds. Elwood will be used for stud service, and in exchange KL will get the pick of the liter which she'll be able to sell. JD's "Lillian" will be mated and her babies will be sold. Both kids are starting their college funds!
JD got home and, after inspection, was quite pleased with the new rabbit hutch for Lillian.
The two rabbit hutches were a lot of work, but we thoroughly enjoyed the project and are happy with the results. However, it will be nice to wake up tomorrow morning and look out onto our deck and not see sawdust!
Life is good!
5 comments:
Congrats on the great work -- you two are a great team and those bunnies look pretty happy.
Wow! I'm so proud of you two! Janice, you rock on the power tools...and I expect a workshop for us all.....You certainly put the time to good use!
I am happy to report that Elwood and Lilian are really enjoying their new homes. They are so fun to watch moving in and out and all around their new area. They are even making happy bunny noises that I have never heard them make before. We love watching them now. Thank you so much. You guys are the best!
Wow, those bunnies must think they've died and gone to heaven! That is the Hilton of bunny hutches, what a team!
The bunnies are so cute..I think you posted their pictures before...but now that we have been concentrating on their comfort, I am admiring their beauty. The kids have great plans for their lives..I am sure that Elwood (isn't that somebody in your family's middle name?)and Lillian (I can picture her with a fancy easter bonnet on her head)will have a nice life at Simply Country.
Post a Comment