Thursday, July 16, 2009

Dutch Oven Queen Visits Cascadia

Mike and Lori Sanders came for a quick over-night stay yesterday afternoon. We sat outside under the trees, enjoying perfect weather, and chatted the afternoon away. Then, about an hour before dinner was served, we all got in gear for a nice feast. Ken barbecued chicken thighs, I stir-fried up some zucchini, onions, peppers, and mushrooms . . . and Lori brought out two large dutch ovens and proceeded to bake a loaf of sourdough bread and a dutch apple pie for dessert (served ala mode). Needless to say, no one came away from the table hungry!

Mike and Lori

King of the barbecue.

Cooked to perfection.

The queen, herself.

Bread inside?

Dutch apple pie

Sourdough bread . . . to die for!

Doesn't this Dutch Apple Pie look yummy?

Buddy, their adorable Cockapoo!

Life is good!

4 comments:

Middle America Mom said...

That bread looks sooo yummy!!! We've got to get that recipe :>

TravelingGrammy said...

Oh, yum! Isn't it so much fun to have friends stop by and enjoy a meal together!

Aunt Patty said...

I'll take the dog over everything else!! What a darling dog!! What is that dog and what is his/her name? I remember these folks from POS, they made really great food, I liked the Arroz con Pollo alot, and sure do remember that yummy sour dough bread. Also, she made great cinnamon rolls!!

Laura said...

Dang that looks good......Laura