skip to main |
skip to sidebar
A Grossed-Out Post . . . Check it out at your own risk!
When I came into the pole barn this morning to fix a nice cozy cup of cappucino, Ken said "You're gonna want to grab your camera and get a picture of the Skeeter Vac!" I was a little leery of the tone in his voice, but being the dutiful wife that I am, I did just that. As I came around the deck, and was approaching the area of the yard where the Skeeter Vac is located, I noticed something that definitely was not a "skeeter!" I immediately backed away, proceeded back into the studio, said "no way" to Ken, and made my nice cozy cup of cappucino, sat in my new comfy easy chair and enjoyed my peaceful morning.
Then, after the jolt of caffeine settled, I got up my courage to venture out once again. This time I was really brave, and got up close to get some disgustingly good shots. I am sharing them especially for my four grandsons, whom I know will think I am the really cool and brave CaliforniaGrammy!
This little guy was trying to be a free-loader . . . and look what it got him! You see, the black and white cylinder is sticky like fly paper that traps bugs, and the machine itself attracts all kinds of bugs and sucks them into a tray, which we have to empty periodically.
I really felt kinda sad, he's a bit cute in a weird sort of way. And bats truly are our friends, they get thousands of mosquitoes for us every night. This fella just didn't want to work for them.
Life is good!
5 comments:
Bats do weird things sometimes. Icky!
That is a bummer! We have thought of building bat houses in the woods to encourage those weird things to fly around here. I love that they eat mosquitos. Good job, brave Grammy!
Shuddddeeeerrrrinnng... I don't do bats! I can do tarantulas, banana slugs and other weird creatures. But not bats! There is something about a rodent that flies.. can't see very well and has leather skeletol wings! They come and swoop in the pool whenever we are swimming and I shriek every time! The boys did like the picture though. How did it die?? Does it shock them? Or did it just starve?
yuck..........
laura
Awwww, the poor little guy. I have an incredibly soft spot for bats. They do such good work around our farm. I think they are really a terribly misunderstood critter. With their sonar, it's unusual for them to get caught in things - I wonder what happened here.
Post a Comment