It's been pretty hot in Cascadia this past week. And it's not particularly the temperature (only in the upper 80s) but the humidity that makes it seem quite warm. This year we invested in a dehumidifier for the studio part of the pole barn. Now, don't forget, we were raised in Southern California where humidity is rare. So were we ever surprised when we plugged this machine in, and only after three days of running it off and on, nearly a gallon of water was captured. Absolutely amazing to think that much water is floating around in the air. I wonder what it's like in really humid parts of the country. I don't think I want to know.
The red pointer hand is showing you the water level.
Amazing!
This has nothing to do with humidity. It's my cappucino that made me smile . . . what a cute little heart that formed in the foam!
Life is good! especially when a cup of cappucino makes you smile!
That is a lot of water. I know there is a neat science lesson in there somewhere! That coffee looks yummy and just reminded me that I haven't had mine yet!
Hi Maa - our dehumidifier removes about 70 pints of water a day. We don't measure it anymore because we have a hose hooked up to it taking it outside. Crazy, huh! I hear that it's most efficient to leave it on all the time and the machine will shut off when needed. I think that saves energy. Good luck!
Oh my gosh, Middle America Mom! You, being a So. California girl, must be truly amazed too. I had to calculate your 70 pints into nearly 9 gallons of water . . . IN THE AIR!
My husband and I retired in 1999 and enjoyed a full-time RV lifestyle for over 12 years and loved everything about it! We now live in a "stick house" in the country and look forward to the next chapter of our life together . . . enjoy a garden, fresh eggs from our own hens, and living close to family.
We have two daughters we are very proud of—each one has a great husband and between them, and the good Lord, have given us five awesome grandkids! This blog happens so our friends and family can keep up with what we enjoy doing most.
6 comments:
That is a lot of water. I know there is a neat science lesson in there somewhere! That coffee looks yummy and just reminded me that I haven't had mine yet!
I don't like our humidity myself. It ends up leaving everything feeling hot and sticky. I use to love California summers!
Hi Maa - our dehumidifier removes about 70 pints of water a day. We don't measure it anymore because we have a hose hooked up to it taking it outside. Crazy, huh! I hear that it's most efficient to leave it on all the time and the machine will shut off when needed. I think that saves energy. Good luck!
I'm a So Cal girl as well and I hate feeling the stickiness of humidty.
I love that capuccino!
Oh my gosh, Middle America Mom! You, being a So. California girl, must be truly amazed too. I had to calculate your 70 pints into nearly 9 gallons of water . . . IN THE AIR!
So, how's your garden? Haven't seen any pix of it lately...My jasmine is still alive-that's a miracle for me!
Post a Comment