Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Measure twice . . . cut once

Ken has finally gotten the chance to start cutting his lumber for his first wooden boat . . . the PD Racer (a.k.a. Puddle Duck Racer). Our shop has been a bit crowded since the remodeling job has been underway, and now that things are a bit tidier he is able to get to his equipment. All I can say, in addition to showing you the pictures, is that he's having a great time . . . he loves working with wood.

Measure once . . .

Measure twice . . .

And away he goes, cutting 2x12s into 3/4" x 3/4" x 12' pieces.

A new tool to help hold the long boards as they are being split . . .

Nice cut!

He's on his way, and what a happy camper he is!

Life is good!


5 comments:

Laura said...

What a wonderful project....you guys have so much energy....I love it...
Laura

Middle America Mom said...

How fun to build your own boat. Hopefully you'll build one here too
:>

jennavar said...

Go Daddy Go!!

Aunt Patty said...

What a neat thing to do, build your own boat!! I hope I can ride in it one day with him. I love being on the water, especially in home made boats!!!

Danni said...

But, but....how are YOU feeling? Are you all better now?
I hope so.
(Congrats on the start of the boat!)