skip to main |
skip to sidebar
A Romantic Getaway
Ken and I decided to get an early start on celebrating our wedding anniversary this year . . . our 46th. We packed a small suitcase for just an overnight stay on the Oregon coast. Of course the Wooden Boat Show in a quaint little town called Toledo, along the Yaquina River, just happened to be in route and was the primary reason we were heading west in the first place. But when I realized how close we were to Newport, a beautiful seaside town, I suggested we make it a romantic getaway at the same time.
The boat show was the first stop. There were probably 20-30 wooden boats to admire and, because I'm burdened with "walking pneumonia" that's been a real pain in the neck as far as my energy level goes, there were times for me to people-watch (something I love to do anyway) while Ken walked down to the docks to get a closer look at the boats. I enjoyed the craftsmanship on the boats I could see up close being exhibited by their builders.
See that little orange boat? That's a PD Racer . . . the first boat for which Ken has bought the plans and the wood and is anxious to build.
We checked into our hotel, the Hallmark Resort, at 4 in the afternoon. It was a beautiful third-story room, right on the ocean, with a gorgeous view of the Oregon coastline. The weather couldn't have been better.
This was taken from the restaurant window of our corner room.
A big plus to the room was that it came with an in-room jacuzzi tub, a fireplace, a chilled bottle of champagne (because I happened to mention our anniversary when I made the reservation) and a beautiful balcony overlooking the beach down below.
View from our balcony . . .
As we were sipping our champagne, admiring the view from the balcony, we notice they were getting ready for a wedding on the beach right below our room.
I thought how apropos that here we are celebrating 46 years of marital bliss as this darling bride and groom start out their life as husband and wife. We toasted them, as we toasted ourselves, for a lifetime of happiness together.
Sunset from our balcony . . . right after dinner.
Life is good!
5 comments:
Oh, congratulations Janice & Ken!! What a lovely trip you took to celebrate your anniversary. Even the sun shone for you on that day! All the best to you both and many, many more!
Congratuations on your 46th anniversary! What a beautiful time at the beach! We are heading down to Lincoln City this weekend with friends and kids in tow. Should be fun!
What a great weekend! Romantic weekends are the best! What a nice view you had from your hotel too. Speaking of hotels, hot tub and fireplace? Oooh-la-la!
Congrats and I think you should celebrate as much and as long as you want to....now that the way to do it..Laura
Sounds like a lovely, romantic, and as Sandra says "Oooh-la-la weekend!! Sure picked the right place, what a view!!!
Post a Comment