My Southern California sister, Shari, is in town!
At 9 o'clock this morning we met Shari and Jen at CD's ball game. It was a surprisingly cold morning for this time of year . . . in the low 50s . . . and CD's team (number 2 in their league) played the number one team. Of course we were hoping for a win, and it was a great game, but they did lose so the team remains number two. We all had fun cheering for our team . . . it was a pretty intense game.
After the game I dropped Ken off at home and met Jen, Shari, and KL at their house and we all went into Oakhurst for "High Tea" for lunch before seeing a movie. We enjoyed the sweet and savory tidbits and the tea served from a beautiful tea service, held our pinkies up, told stories, giggled and laughed and enjoyed each others' company.
After tea, all but Jen went to see Letters to Juliette, a real cute chick-flick showing at the quaint tiny little theater in town. (I just love living in a small town.) And I loved that my sister could be with us for this family time together. It was a fun day. And tomorrow we'll all get to enjoy the play called "Capiche!" which I am truly looking forward to.
Life is good!

3 comments:
S is lookin' very good, and very happy. Nice way to spend a "sister visit" day, especially with a daughter and granddaughter there too. Sounds like a good time was had by everyone.
We had a wonderful visit. So good to be with family and a girls day out for tea. Awesome!
I am so happy that I got to see everybody and spend some giggle time with each of you..loved the tea, and the movie was so good..loved it. Thankyou girls for a good time.
Post a Comment