Friday, June 11, 2010

Sweet Summer Fruit . . .

My sister, Jackie, just sent me these pictures. She had mentioned the other day that they had an abundance of apricots. Just the thought of them makes me drool. Now tonight she sent me these pictures which I must share with you! She even wrote the captions for the pictures, making my job easier. I truly envy anybody who has their own fruit orchard right in their back yard.

Start with an abundance of apricots, bruised ones culled.

Slice in half, remove pits, lay them ready for the low oven.

Three hours later, intensely apricotty apricots.

Life is good!




7 comments:

Ken said...

I understand that they ship well when dried!!!

A.J. said...

YOU CRACK ME UP! I'm published now! So speedy, too!

jennavar said...

MMMmmmmm those look amazing. Did the kitchen smell yummy too??

Farmer Jen said...

Oh yum! I love apricots. My tree only produces a few and only every few years. Really not "fruitful".

BeBopGrammie said...

I noticed an abundance of apricots in the markets and bought a huge bag of them, they are yummy and such a beautiful color. Having a tree that yields so much fruit would be a wonderful blessing..

TravelingGrammy said...

Oh, yum! My mouth was watering....at least we have cherries to enjoy up here....

Aunt Patty said...

I think Ken has a good point! I'll make room in my freezer!