Saturday, September 11, 2010

Almost done!

We've been working on getting the counter top done in the utility room. The entire project would be finished except, wouldn't you know, in order to put up the medicine cabinet above the sink we need a 9/16" drill. Ken has at least five sets of drills in various combinations and neat little cases for storage . . . but do you think there is a 9/16" drill in any of them . . . not! All his sets go to 1/2" . . . hence we need to go into town once again in order to complete our project. But here's some pictures of our progress.

Small fridge comes in handy under counter.
Counter with shelving underneath hidden by curtain.
Step up to get into the shower.
We've even added art to grace the utility room . . . this is my first serigraph I did nearly thirty years ago of our talking parrot, Murphy.
Looking into the shower from the utility room. Now mind you the two rooms together only take up 6' x 10' so it isn't spacious . . . that's why we call it the utility room.
This little guy has been wanting a permanent home for a long time. He makes a perfect spare towel holder.
This shower is awesome compared to our itsy-bitsy shower with five gallons of hot water in the trailer. Plus our guests love having a nice warm shower available to them with lots of hot water.

Life is good!

7 comments:

TravelingGrammy said...

Wow! I didn't know you two were such creative construction folks! The new bath looks beautiful! Don't know when you guys are coming hoe-look out! It's hot here!

A.J. said...

AWESOME job on the tiling! It looks so professional. I love the colors and love the sink skirt. It is really a very beautiful room. Bummer about the drill, or you would be DONE, Michael! You'll have to do one more blog.

jennavar said...

WOW it is looking awesome! I love the new home for the "bummed bathing bear"! Great job guys!

Aunt Patty said...

I love seeing Murphy up on the wall! Didn't we all have a Murphy? or is my memory rusting. Bathroom looks very nice, I know many will enjoy that nice shower. Awesome job you've done there! So it seems like the utility room is also a small kitchen of sorts.

Aunt Patty said...

One more thing, the curtain looks so pretty and really lends such a nice complete look.

Middle America Mom said...

It looks so great, maaa! I was just telling M about the Murphy print. He and R are going to do a silk screen project and I was telling him about your project for school (I remember going with you to the studio to get the Murphies finished.) I was telling him that I wished I had a Murphy and was hoping that you still had one. It all looks great!

Danni said...

My goodness, you two do fine work! It's all really coming together. Love the precious bunny painting in your first picture.
Your guests probably don't realize they're coming to 4-star accommodations when they bring their trailers to your place, do they?! :-)